School History

Lindley Park Elementary School opened its doors on January 24, 1954. When the school opened mid year in 1954 students had to carry their books from Fayetteville Street School located at the corner of East Academy and South Fayetteville Street.  

The school was originally designed for first through sixth grades with 20 classrooms, a cafeteria, library, auditorium and administrative offices. The school was paid for through a $975,000 school bond from the early 1950’s. Since that time there has been several renovations and additions: kindergarten classrooms, multipurpose room, computer lab, and additional classrooms.